Romesco Sauce Spanish Recipe
The Romesco sauce is a very typical Catalan cuisine on the basis of vegetables and nuts, which has its origin in the province of Tarragona. It is a supplement to the famous Calçots young onions and fits perfectly to fish, vegetables and meat. In this recipe we reveal you how to make it at home. If you do not have much time, you can also buy an already finished Romesco sauce with 100% natural ingredients.
Ingredients for Romesco sauce
- 2-3 mature tomatoes
- 1 tuber garlic
- 80 g of roasted almonds
- 2 Ñoras
- A slice toasted white bread
- 250 g olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon sweet Paprika de la Vera
- 1 chili
How to prepare Romesco sauce
1. Turn the peppers in water on the eve.
2. Take the peppers out of the water and remove the cores and skin.
3. Heat the oven to 200 ºC and roast the tomatoes for 20 minutes and the garlic tum for 15 minutes.
4. As soon as the tomatoes are roasted, brush them, remove the skin and the cores. Then cut the fried garlic at the bottom of the tuber some millimeters off, and take them to go to toe.
5. Chop the roasted almonds (peel them if they have not bought them already peeled) and mix them with the tomatoes and garlic.
6. Now add the bridle to the roasted bread, the meat of the ñoras, the olive oil and the vinegar and puree everything with the blender until it has a fine texture.
7. Now add some sweet paprika de la Vera and a pinch of chili and puree again. The Romesco sauce is finished.
If you have come this far, it is because you are interested in Spanish cuisine or its culture. If you would like to learn other recipes, you can Subscribe to our Newsletter, through which we keep you informed every week. In our online shop you will find products such as Jamón Serrano, Jamón Pata Negra, products for the preparation of tapas and paellas, Olive Oil or Wines from several regions of the Iberian Peninsula.